The amount of use that a patio can leave is limited not only by its free time, but also by the climatic conditions. Installing the cover of an insulated patio will keep your yard area dry on rainy days. They also provide shade and keep the sun warm out, making your patio a more comfortable place to enjoy. While the different insulated patio cover kits have specific installation instructions, the process generally follows the same general procedure to achieve a cover that will withstand the elements without damaging your home.
• Set up a ladder near the patio deck installation site. Examine the eaves under the roof of your house and the wall fascia to determine an appropriate place for the installation of the headboard, which is the horizontal bar that attaches a Alumawood Patio Covers Corona Ca insulated in your home.
• Choose a site that is robust and relatively smooth. For example, you can remove the top row of siding to place the header to the exterior wall beams of your house under eaves on the vinyl cover.
• Apply construction adhesive to the back of the headboard that comes in the insulated patio cover kit with a brush or an applicator that comes with the adhesive.
• Press the header against the installation site. Insert the screws through it, into masonry or wood studs on the outside of your home, using an electric screwdriver or drill with a drill bit. Use masonry screws instead of the screws provided in the deck kit if you screw the header directly into brick, stone or stucco.
• Tighten the header in place, if possible, using metal clamps. Waiting for the building adhesive to dry according to the manufacturer suggested times for the current moisture level and curing temperature.
• Mounting brackets fit the insulated patio cover headboard using the screws and an electric screwdriver or drill with a drill bit.
• Measure the location of the posts that will support the corners of the deck using a tape measure and the diagram included in the patio deck kit.
• Fit concrete supports for the patio floor where the stands are raised. There is no need to dig foundations if the insulated patio deck will be supported by a header to your home.
• Insert and screw 4-by-4 order wood to a length that matches the height of your posts in the concrete supports. Insert and screw the remaining frame parts from the patio deck kit, connecting the header posts and each other on their tops.
• Install patio insulated deck panels by snapping or screwing into place, following the installation instructions that come with the kit.
Tips & Warnings
Read the complete installation instructions that come with your insulated patio cover kit before beginning the installation process. You can determine that your cover will work best in a different location or require special installation based on the design of your home.
Make sure that the secluded patio deck you have selected has been approved for your region and you will find local building code rules. For example, some decks are not approved for areas that receive regular snowfall, as the weight of the snow will compromise its structural integrity.